- Posted by Kliento
- On December 18, 2017
Virtual Reality (VR) refers to computer technologies that use software to generate realistic images, sound and other sensations to replicate a real environment (or create an imaginary setting), and simulate a user’s physical presence in this environment.
1. The hardware & software revenues are projected to increase from $90 million in 2014 to $5.2 billion in 2018.
2. Active VR users to reach 171 million by 2018.
3. HMD (Head mounted display) revenues to grow from $685 million to $3.89 billion by 201
4. India has sold $3.4 million worth in value terms.
5.In 2015, gaming market in India was over $ 501 million and it is forecast to cross $ 792 million in value terms by 2021.
Augmented Reality (AR) is a live, direct or indirect view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented (or supplemented) by computer-generated sensory inputs such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data, etc.
1. By 2022, the Augmented and Mixed Reality market is predicted to expand to $80 billion.
2. Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR)market in India is projected to register a CAGR of 55.3% during 2016 – 2021.
3. In 2015, defense industry was the largest end-user of AR & VR products on account of increasing use of head-mounted display for training purpose, and of head-up displays for displaying information such as aircraft speed, altitude, horizon line, etc.
Robotics, an interdisciplinary branch of engineering and science that includes mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, and others dealing with the design, construction, operation, and use of robots as well as computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing, etc.
1. By 2020, worldwide spending on Robotics will touch $ 188 billion.
2. 40 % of commercial Robots will become connected to mesh of shared intelligence, by 2020.
3. Robotics in India is a young market. India will have an installed base of 24,000 industrial robots in 2017 from 12,000 in 2012.
4. 35 percent of the top enterprises in utilities, health, logistics and resources will explore the use of robots to automate operations by 2019.
5.The automotive sector buys 60 percent of all industrial robots sold in India.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) exhibited by machines.AI research defines itself as the study of intelligent agents: any device that perceives its environment, and takes actions that maximize its chance of success at some goal.
1. AI in the Industrial Sector 2017 global market is expected to grow at GAGR of 52.65% from 2017 to 2022.
2. Market worth $ 16.06 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 62.9% from 2016 to 2022.
3. The industries that have invested the most in cognitive/AI systems in 2016 are banking and retail, followed by healthcare and discrete manufacturing.
4. Combined, these four industries have generated more than half of all worldwide cognitive/AI revenues in 2016, with banking and retail each delivering nearly $1.5 billion.
Cognitive applications spending is forecast to reach $18.2 billion in 2020.